Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Handmade Halloween

So at the last minute it was decided that my daughter, Muffin, would be a Disney princess. *rolling my eyes slightly* I’m the DIY queen, but I decided to save my brain cells for later on in life. Ya know, for the years that she can actually eat the candy. So her dad decided he wanted her to be said princess. Ahh the joys of co-parenting. *rolling my eyes slightly again*

Did I know that she would need a Halloween bucket? Of course. Did I pay attention to the fully stocked shelves in Wal-Mart and grab one weeks ago? No. Did I wake up Sunday morning and do a mad dash to the Dollar Tree, Target, and Wal-Mart? Yes. Let me tell ya..it wasn’t pretty. Learn from my mistakes! I drove ALL the way across to Make Me Curse Every Two Feet Because of The Stupid Construction RD. (You don’t know where that is, but that’s what I’ve named the road) Only to discover that THERE WERE NO BUCKETS! Anywhere! Okay, so I saw 4 navy *shiver* dented buckets at Wal-Mart. Who wants a navy bucket for Halloween?! Surely not me, I mean, Muffin. There were a couple of overly common orange ones in Target, but that’s not the point. I wanted, and would have a pink one. Am I slightly obsessed with this..ehh..just mind your business!

Ok, so it’s crunch time! What can I do!? Now I’d like to take a moment to thank my mom, for everything she ever did for me! This must be payback for telling her about things the night before. *insert aggravated sigh* We had an event to go to at 5:00, so I began to channel my inner Martha Stewart and decided to make her one. I remembered that I had some pink petals at home. Where? Had no idea. Just prayed that I would find them. I also vaguely remember a $1 Hello Kitty shopping bag somewhere as well. No.. I umm, didn’t know where that was either. But anyway…a couple of petals, and a few glue experiments later..we have a trick or treat bag fit for a queen, I mean.. Muffin Disney princess!


There is a picture of said purse, but right now I have a teething issue to deal with. Fun times. I'll post it one day when I find some extra free time lying around somewhere!

And don’t judge me..you wait until the last minute to do stuff for your kid too! Don’t lie! You KNOW you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment